Malnutrition is a 3 hour course, focusing on identifying risk of malnutrition, best practice, use of MNA Tool and the principals and practical application. Please consider attending First Line Nutrition training in the morning as well.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
Malnutrition is a 3 hour course focusing on the
- Screening of older people to identify risk of malnutrition,
- How and when to use the MNA®Mini Nutritional Assessment Tool.
- Best practice on monitoring and intervention
- The principles of and practical application of “Food First” prior to the prescription of oral nutritional supplements such as Ensure or Fortisip
- Prescribing guidelines for oral nutritional supplementation
- Monitoring of patients on oral nutritional supplement
Prior to the course please read
An overview of appetite decline in older people
Malnutrition of Aging.