For clinicians who are routinely required to perform peripheral IV cannulation of adult patients as part of their practice. Two sessions available 9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
- Describe relevant anatomy and physiology of peripheral venous system
- Identify Blood borne pathogens
- Demonstrate familiarity with equipment components and appropriate selection to meet the goals of IV therapy
- Identify peripheral veins suitable for cannulation
- Cannulate peripheral veins safely under simulated conditions
- Identify measures to minimize and address difficulties encountered during cannulation
- List complications associated with IV cannulation, prevention and management strategies and cannula removal
- Describe infection control considerations and interventions
- Describe the action required in the event of a hollow bore needle stick injury
- Describe the Four Tenets of Sharps Safety Devices
- Articulate essential aspects of patient communication