There is a growing concern about children who are overweight, but unfortunately there is evidence that parents are often unaware their child has a weight problem. Having the conversation with parents about their child’s weight and how it should be managed is a potentially difficult and emotionally charged. Once the topic has been raised, there is a need to give evidence based advice and provide support to enable the family to make appropriate lifestyle changes, along with support to implement changes.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
This three hour course will cover:
- Assesment of childhood weight including paediatric BMI
- Comorbidity screening in children
- Health literacy and the language used to discuss weight and growth
- Raising the topic with families
- Brief intervention tools including Be Smarter